-The Holy Spirit
Holy Spirit, — A Breath of Fresh Air
Jesus said that He will send us the Holy Spirit. And for us, according to heaven, Holy Spirit becomes that breath of fresh air giving us tremendous clarity! He will guide us and counsel us into all truth as He fills us with incredible peace.
He will not speak on His own accord. His witness is the testimony of Jesus. He will speak what He has heard and He will be that voice of those things that are about to unfold. His voice will glorify Jesus, disclosing all the treasures of Jesus.
He is the Spirit of truth that proceeds from the Father. Sharing the Fathers heart in accordance to Jesus. As Jesus only did what the Father was doing, so will the Holy Spirit also demonstrate with the character of Jesus, what the Father is doing, testifying Jesus as He unleashes the Kingdom of heaven here on earth, on behalf of the Father. As Jesus demonstrated the character of the Father, Holy Spirit will testify and demonstrate the character of Jesus, — a character that carries the Fathers imprint. The three are truly one!
The Holy Spirit is mentioned by various names, such as “Spirit of God” - Genesis 1:2, 1 Samuel 10:10, “Spirit of the Lord” - Isaiah 61:1, “Spirit of Truth” - John 14:16-17, “Spirit of Jesus” - Philippians 1:19, or “Holy Spirit” - Psalm 51:11, Matthew 28:19.
Holy Spirit is just as much “God” as the Father and Son. Matthew 28:19 defines the three. “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Other texts clearly outline Holy Spirits attributes that: He is eternal - Hebrews 9:14 He is “Omnipresent” - Psalm 139:7-10 He is “Omniscient”, meaning that He knows everything – 1st Corinthians 2:10-11 He is “Almighty” - Luke 1:35-37 He is “Holy” - Romans 1:4
GIFTS of the Holy Spirit
Holy Spirit gives “Special Abilities” to those who are now part of the family - 1 Corinthians 12:1. Just like Salvation and Grace, we did not earn it, — it’s a gift.
These abilities are not for our personal gain, nor are they meant for our corporate agendas. These spiritual gifts are from God and for God’s purposes. We cannot take credit for anything that the Holy Spirit does through us while operating in the gifts. A variety of gifts are given to each individual, all designed to help move the Bride forward in unity, — rarely does one walk in all of the gifts. The gifts go hand in hand with the calling. They equip individuals for their specific callings. In unity, — they become a swat team for the Lord.
The following are the gifts as mentioned by Paul: “ For to one is given by the Spirit the Word of Wisdom; to another the Word of Knowledge by the same Spirit; to another Faith by the same Spirit; to another the Gifts of Healing by the same Spirit; to another the Working of Miracles; to another Prophecy; to another Discerning of Spirits; to another Speaking in Tongues; to another the Interpretation of Tongues.” – 1st Corinthians 12:8-10
Ephesians 1:17-18 mentions that the Holy Spirit dwells in believers releasing Wisdom, Revelation and Knowledge; illuminating the eyes of our understanding, that we may know what is the hope of our calling and what are the riches of our inheritance now that we are part of the family of God.
The revelation gifts include Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge, and Discerning of Spirits. These gifts reveal what is unknown or hidden in order to bring understanding or explain God’s intentions or desires.
1) Word of Wisdom: Individuals with this gift have the ability to make wise decisions and to advise others similarly. They see clearly through confusing circumstances and direct themselves and others toward God’s will and direction, all of it lining up with the Word of God.
2) Word of Knowledge: People with this gift have a deep understanding of the will and ways of God, personally and through scripture. Supernaturally, they can discern truths about spiritual matters in order to teach or direct the bride. God will give a word of knowledge about a particular situation or person in order to protect, warn, or guide.
3) Discerning of Spirits: This gift is also referred to “distinguishing between spirits.” People with this gift have the ability to discern whether a situation, person, or event is good or evil, right or wrong, heavenly or demonic. This gift is important because it can help protect the Bride and lead her in the right direction.
The power gifts include Faith, Gifts of Healings, and Working of Miracles. These gifts visibly demonstrate God’s power.
4) Faith: The gift of faith involves the supernatural ability to believe and trust God in extenuating circumstances for extraordinary results. This gift of faith often brings about incredible miracles.
5) Gifts of Healings: God works through a person with this gift to heal and restore people’s bodies, minds, and emotions. This person has a level of faith to believe God for healing in any situation and is willing to try even non-conventional methods if God leads.
6) Working of Miracles: A person with this gift can be used by God to do any type of creative miracle from using physical strength to move a car to regenerating a body part to affecting the weather. There is no limit to what God can do, and the person with this spiritual gift has the faith to believe God for anything.
The speaking gifts include Speaking in Tongues, Interpretation of Tongues, and Prophecy. God uses these gifts to audibly communicate with us.
7) Speaking in Tongues: Speaking in tongues is a gift that is a sign to unbelievers (1 Corinthians 14:22). A person with this gift will supernaturally speak in an unknown language and get the attention of everyone nearby. If this gift is used in a corporate Ekklesia setting, the message in tongues must be interpreted. If it’s used where the tongue is unknown to the believer but is know to those listening ( as an evangelistic tool for the unbeliever who is now hearing a message in his own language ) then there is no need for an interpretation because the listener is totally understanding the prophetic word of the Lord in their own language.
8) Interpretation of Tongues: A person with the gift of interpreting tongues has a supernatural ability to understand and explain to others the message given in tongues. The result is that God is glorified and the bride is edified.
9) Prophecy: Believers with the gift of prophecy don’t necessarily tell the future as much as they build up, encourage, and redirect the bride. They help the bride understand the heart and desires of God and urge the bride to wholeheartedly pursue the Bridegroom.
FRUITS of the Holy Spirit
Galatians 5: 22 mentions of our need to walk in the fruits of the Holy Spirit, being love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, — love being the most important fruit of all.
1) Love: “And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him” (1 John 4:16). Through Jesus Christ, our greatest goal is to do all things in love. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails” (1 Corinthians 13:4-8).
2) Joy: “ The joy of the Lord is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10). “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God ” (Hebrews 12:2).
3) Peace: “ Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1). “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit ” (Romans 15:13).
4) Patience: “ We are strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that we may have great endurance and patience…” (Colossians 1:11). “ Be completely humble and gentle; be patient bearing with one another in love ” (Ephesians 4:2).
5) Kindness: We should live “ In purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left.” (2 Corinthians 6:6-7).
6) Goodness: “ Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of faith with power” (2 Thessalonians 1:11). “For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth ” (Ephesians 5:9).
7) Faithfulness: “ O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name; for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things; things planned long ago” (Isaiah 25:1). “I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith ” (Ephesians 3:16-17).
8) Gentleness: “ Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.” (Galatians 6:1). “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” (Ephesians 4:2).
9) Self-control: “ But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love ” (2 Peter 1:5-7).
Holy Spirit - True Representation
Ephesians 1:17-18 mentions how Holy Spirit dwells in believers releasing wisdom, revelation and knowledge; how He illuminates the eyes of our understanding so that we may know what is the hope of our calling and what are the riches of our inheritance in the Lord.
If the Holy Spirit testifies Jesus, being a witness for Jesus, guides us according to the character of Jesus, interpreting all things through that filter called “Jesus”, — then should not our message carry that same character, with that same quality, when it comes to anything we may interpret? A message having that same voice, walking in that same Spirit, displaying that same fruit walking with that same love, — and not letting go when it comes to unity.
Ekklesia Rising / Jesus Ministries